Over the last school holidays Molly and I did a lot of crafting together. Here is a picture-post of the things we got done! (She is becoming surprisingly helpful.)
Re-covered an old lampshade. This has been waiting to be done for about a year so I am really pleased to have finally done it. I used some stashed vintage fabric and the sleeves from an old business shirt.
Molly got a new dress-up skirt with a handful of colourful ribbons added on at her request.
I spun up the fibre from Wellington that I mentioned in the last post (the neutral colours) and it became a satisfyingly fat skein of navajo-plyed yarn. I don’t know what I will knit it into yet but that’s ok. It can marinate in my stash for a while.
I also finished a mini-skein of merino and silk fibre that I had left over from another project.
I made a little hat for a friend who has just had her third baby.
Then finally I pieced and quilted a special little quilt from some business shirts and remnants. The only new fabric to go into this project was the yellow. It needed something bright. More on this one another time.