To functional finished objects!
I made some curtains for Molly’s room from some really pretty bird fabric, and lengthened them with green broadcloth. They have small returns on the edges and everything! I have never made curtains before so I am feeling fairly proud of myself that I got this pile of fabric into two pairs of straight, working curtains! I used this tutorial. The internet is simply awesome for learning new skills.
And then I was given some really retro parrot fabric and turned it into a pair of cushion covers…they are already sold which is exciting!
Lastly, I bought a small pile of vintage textiles from a market on our latest visit to Katikati, and I have been salvaging the embroidered bits and turning them into little brooches. You can find them here in my shop if you would like one. I think they look lovely on coat collars!